Tuesday, February 05, 2008

After months of meditation and prayer, I have finally come up with an address for my prayers that feels right in my heart. When I first started praying, I would send the prayers out to the universe, which at times felt right, but at other times felt too expansive, too impersonal. I've been reading a lot of books about different goddesses and feel a connection to many of them. I feel like goddesses live within me, but can also be their own entity outside of me. And so, I have started sending my prayers to the Great Goddess. I imagine a mother figure, with a large lap where I can lay my head and a strong body that I can lean against. She is grand and fleshy and womanly. She can handle all of the thoughts, fears, and emotions that I bring to her. She is gentle, compassionate, and understanding. She wipes tears away, rocks me in her lap, and strokes my hair when I need comfort. She is firm with me as she guides me along this path toward living as my highest self.

No comments: